Author: Barbara Gibson
Publication date: 1995
- Male order is a collection of life stories from people who sell sex on the streets of London
- The stories range from those on the fringe of society to those with all the riches necessary for a high lifestyle.
- Madser from Ireland
- Jason/Zoe from Wales
- Paul from Wales
- Simon/Simone from Woodford
- Ryan from North London
- Adam born in Germany but British
All of these boys/men have suffered during their life, both during their childhood and later as adults. Society has not done them any favours! All suffer from various illnesses at various times, and all have a potential which due to their circumstances have not been fulfilled.
Be prepared for shocks and on occasion’s revulsion, but don’t put the book down
Any weak bits?
- The book is now dated and it is reflected in both the writing and also because you are left wondering if it is relevant to today. A not very specific search on the Internet threw up these various articles, e.g.
It would seem that life hasn’t changed to a large degree – and with the current recession in all probability the incidences will grow!
- It is not show stopper of a book, but it is worth persevering with.
Your rating (1-5 star): 3 ½ stars